Where is Love in Suffering?
The heart of Jesus…is there anything more beautiful, more passionate or inspiring? I recently had an experience of the Sacred Heart which I shared on my personal blog, but I want to continue to reflect with you here how we, at My Saint My Hero venerate and love the most Sacred Heart of Jesus.
The other night, as I lay awake waiting for sleep to wash over me, I thought about life, about suffering and pain that never seemed too far away from me and those around me. Every single day there’s someone out there who is heartbroken, someone who has to bury their loved one, someone who is homeless and shivering in the cold, some child going hungry after days without food or clean water. […] The list is goes on. I thought about how even the people closest to me sometimes fail me and how I could not rest my heart in anything of this world. It left me very, very sad.
I asked Jesus, Lord, what is the solution to all this? Do you not know what this suffering is like? Why?! I then shed tears as I heard Him say, “My Child, more than you can ever know.” [read more here]
Loving Him, Loving You at My Saint My Hero
Here at My Saint My Hero we hear about the real stories of people’s sufferings every day and not a workday goes by without each member of our My Saint My Hero family coming together to pray for each and every one of those intentions, and for everyone who wears our blessing pieces.
Every day at noon, when the My Saint My Hero family comes together for our Angelus, we voice our intentions, the needs of those dear to us, and the petitions of our community of prayer. As each member of our team voices the intentions closest to their hearts, it’s hard not to dwell on suffering and pain that never seem too far away from us and those around us.
In this small way we strive to comfort the Sacred Heart of Jesus, and to pray for our dear brothers and sisters who are suffering. We pray that they may find His peace, healing, strength and know that they are not alone. We pray for them and lift them up.
Thomas, CBO at My Saint My Hero, and a true man of God, allowed me to share his beautiful reflection that he posted on the feast of the Sacred Heart of Jesus here. He writes:
Devotion Lived & Worn
Our love for the Sacred Heart of Jesus is deep and personal, and we feel so blessed to offer two more blessing pieces, the Holy Family Cuff and Sacred Heart Earrings, that are dedicated to this devotion. Let it remind you of his boundless mercy and love. Our prayer for you is that you may experience His blessing and love through these pieces and that you will share our blessing pieces with those you love who maybe need a tangible reminder of God’s loving blessing in their lives.
Jesus also made 12 specific promises to those who would honor His Sacred Heart:
- I will give them all the graces necessary in their state of life.
- I will give peace in their families and will unite families that are divided.
- I will console them in all their troubles.
- I will be their refuge during life and above all in death.
- I will bestow the blessings of heaven on all their enterprises.
- Sinners shall find in my heart the source and infinite ocean of mercy.
- Tepid souls shall become fervent.
- Fervent souls shall rise quickly to great perfection.
- I will bless those places wherein the image of my heart shall be exposed and honored and will imprint my love on the hearts of those who would wear this image on their person. I will also destroy in them all disordered movements.
- I will give to priests who are animated by a tender devotion to my Divine Heart the gift of touching the most hardened hearts.
- Those who promote this devotion shall have their names written in my heart, never to be effaced.
- I promise you in the excessive mercy of my heart that my all-powerful love will grant to all those who communicate on the First Friday in nine consecutive months, the grace of final penitence: they will not die in my disgrace, nor without receiving their Sacraments. My Divine Heart shall be their safe refuge in this last moment.
O Sacred Heart of Jesus, I trust in you!